THE VCS SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
First Prize: $1,000.00
In an era of rapid advancements in the field of veterinary medicine, todays veterinary oncology residents are essential to shaping the future of the profession and the role that new technologies and procedures will play in improving therapeutic outcomes. The VCS Case Report Competition is an initiative of Diamondback Drugs, one of the nation’s leading pharmacies focused on custom prescription compounding for the veterinary industry. The VCS Case Report Competition is an opportunity for oncology residents to learn about prescription compounding and to explore the ways that customized chemotherapy can play a part in the veterinary care continuum.
The competition is open to any clinical oncology resident. The winning case study will be a one page case report that shows how compounding made a significant difference in the lives of the patient and the pet owner(s).
All case reports will become the property of Diamondback Drugs and may be used for educational or promotional purposes.
SCHOLARSHIP RULES AND GUIDELINES
- All case reports must be accompanied by the enclosed registration form.
- All case reports must be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or an equivalent font. Case reports must be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Pages format.
- All case reports must be written in English.
- While secondary sources are not required, any quotes or references must be cited following the standards of content and style in the MLA Handbook.
- All case reports will become the property of Diamondback Drugs and will not be returned. Case reports may be used for educational or promotional purposes without further consent from the writer. If published in a professional journal, the writer will be identified as the winner of the Diamondback Drugs VCS Scholarship.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- All case reports must be received by 11:59 PM on September 5th, 2014. Winners will be notified by September 15th, 2014
- First prize: $1000.00 to be used towards attending the VCS annual conference (Conference Fees, Flight, Hotel). Additional honorable mention prizes may be made available at the discretion of the judges.
Submit all essays to: